Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Living Creatively


I have ALWAYS loved fresh cut flowers in my home, ecspecially in the warm seasons! I have seen this idea in magazines where different vegetables along with fruits were put into a vase, such as asparagus, zucchini, and squash. I decided to tweek it a bit and just go for the lemons, oranges and limes. As far as I'm concerned asparagus, zucchini, and squash belong on the grill seasoned and then essentially... in your tummy :) NOT in a flower vase! It didnt take long at all to do and it adds such a fresh look and smell to your kitchen. It lasted about a week or so, and then the water faded to a dull color. I'm already thinking of my next flower vase concoction....






I would MUCH RATHER prefer Sunflowers in this vase but Kroger was slackin' the week I went to make my flower purchase.... rude.




And the wine glass painting continues :) This is my absolute favorite that I have made so far, so I gave it to my momma for Mothers Day! "Sea Turtle Shiraz" .....



He's ready for a wine pour momma.....



We're growing red, yellow, and green peppers and they are just cute little babies right now!

It is so crazy to watch them grow.... SO FAST, might I add! Some people watch, care for, love, nurture their children while I watch, care for, love, and nurture my vegetables on my deck... HA. Seriously, I count how many we have coming every day! Below are our cucumbers, we have 17 so far growing on this one plant, its a little out of control but I love it! I mean these really are newborn cuc's! The vines are unbelievable too... they have wrapped onto our tomato plant and just took off, If we have a TomatoCucumber come out somewhere I'm gonna lose it!


Awesome Cucumber salad:

Sour Cream

Dill ( we have TONS on our deck also, please come over and pick a branch off)

Light Mayo

Plain Yogurt (not vanilla)


We usually just make it to taste, a little this and a little that, and a whole lot of DILL :)









And I save the BEST FOR LAST: I'm going to be an AUNT!!!!!!!!!! Jennifer and Brian are having their first little one due in January. I am so excited I can't even stand it. "Mom, I wanna go to aunt cam's...." I can hear it already.


I have already bought:
My mom and dad used to read this to me a lot.... at least I think they did?! So I wanted to buy it for Jennifer and Brian to read to their little one. It is the sweetest story about the love of a parent to their child. This book is where I got the line, "mom and dad I love you thissssssssssssssssss much ( and stretch your arms as far as they would go when your 5...I definitely thought mine was big)"
Jennifer and Brian, I can't wait for you to tell me when your little one says that to you guys, and make sure to read the little note I have written in the inside cover to my niece or nephew.... and I mean NOW (I'm trying to form the best aunt bond first), yes you can read to them while they are still growing. Love you xoxox




1 comment:

The Morrison Family Blog said...

Thanks Aunt CA CA! YOU are so sweet and i know our little one will love you to pieces!! XOXO